As I said at the end of class today, I want to say a few more things about Levine on Thursday. In particular, I'd like to take a minute to talk about chapter 21 of Huckleberry Finn, the first example Levine cites. Be sure to read it.
We'll then turn to the "Vanishing Shakespeare" report. There, we'll ask what Levine might make of the report, and how the report conceives of "culture." Of course, I'll also be curious to hear what you think of the report as well.
If you want to learn more about ACTA, its website is here.
Note: The "Vanishing Shakespeare" report has a number of dark pages that are difficult to print. The most crucial sections, and the ones you should definitely print out are at the beginning: the "Introduction," "The Assault on on S.," and "The Advance of the Not-So-Great." However, be sure you also read appendices A and B, on "What is Required" and "What are Students Studying?"
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment