Thursday, February 28, 2008

Revision policy

As stated in the syllabus, you may revise either (or both) of the first two essays. I will read the revised essay, and assign it a grade. When calculating the semester grade, I will then average the two grades for the assignment.

If you choose to revise -- and you are not under an obligation to do so -- you have until two weeks from the day that the essays are handed back. I will take spring break out of the equation, which makes the due date Thursday, March 20. No extensions will be granted to this deadline for any reason. Moreover, I strongly recommend that you consider completing the revision before spring break, as you will have a significant reading load after the break.

If you do turn in a revised essay, you must turn in the original (with my comments) as well.

Finally, I am happy to meet with you during my office hours on Wednesdays to discuss your essays. My usual hours are from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., but I can often see students before and after that block of time.

No comments: